Things are happening!
This arrived in the post today and I feel the need to do one of those sexy unboxing videos I’ve heard so much about… ahem, maybe later.
First things first – accompanying the letter were some blood forms and instructions –
- Attend Jenner unit (the phlebotomy centre at the local hospital) for some blood tests. Check.
- Call neurology department to let them know the blood results are en route. Check.
- Call neurology department to arrange for antibiotic prescription (to be taken for one week prior to infusions). Check.
Oh, it’s really happening now!
Once they get the blood results back, they will be in touch to arrange a date for the first phase of treatment. Round 1, here I come!
Today’s blood tests were for:
- FBC (full blood count)
- Thyroid function
- LFT (liver function test)
- U & E (urea & electrolytes i.e. kidney function)
- eGFR (glomerular filtration rate i.e. kidney function also)
- Varicella zoster (chicken pox)
- IgG antibodies (immunoglobulin G)
- Hepatitis [illegible] B&C
I’m not totally sure this stacks up 100% with the recommended tests I found online (see earlier post)…. but then I’m no expert and I’m in the middle of a unseasonal heat wave and I can google no more. I have to assume they know what they’re doing.
And that sexy unboxing video is going to have to wait, too.